A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE.
Job opportunities details.
Senior Project Delivery Engineer
Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of Shell, one of the major energy supply businesses and a leading marketer and trader of energy commodities, is looking for a:
Senior Project Delivery Engineer - Solar
Shell’s Onshore Renewables business is growing rapidly globally, driven by the Powering Progress Strategy. To support this growth in Europe, Shell is recruiting a Senior Project Delivery Engineer focused on the Italian market. The successful candidate is a self-starter, team player, ideally possessing approximately 10 years of professional experience within the renewable power industry including a background of project delivery of grid connected utility scale solar photovoltaic projects. Wind or battery storage experience is a plus.
The Senior Project Delivery Engineer is responsible for leading engineering activities during the delivery phase of renewable power projects working closely with the EPC Manager and Contracts & Procurement team mates to take projects from Development through to handover to Operations. Joining Shell at this moment of growth also comes with the expectation the candidate will help build the tools and ways of working to enable Shell to scale rapidly. The initial focus of the role will be Onshore Renewable power projects in Italy where Shell recently acquired Solar Koncept Italia bringing the Italian development pipeline of solar projects to over 2 GWp. Shell offers unparalleled further career opportunity both internationally and within a broad swathe of New Energy businesses. Shell prides itself with having one of the most culturally diverse workforces.
- Lead preparation of design packages for inclusion in the EPC contract; compliant with permit, grid operator requirements, applicable internal and external codes and standards;
- Lead preparation of EPC and O&M contract technical specifications and other technical schedules;
- Support EPC manager in preparation of EPC tender package, review of EPC proposals and contract negotiation;
- Manage engineering process and provide support to EPC manager during engineering & detail design review, interconnection delivery, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover project phases, including liaising with EPC contractor, global technology and engineering team, asset management team and external consultants;
- Manage external engineering consultants and owner’s engineers;
- Lead technical meetings with distribution and transmission network operators (Terna, etc.);
- Support projects elsewhere in Europe with focus countries as UK, Germany, Spain and Oman;
- Support regional engineering manager and project development team on solar development efforts in Europe;
- Training/coaching of other engineers in team;
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering, construction and performance issues as well as evaluation of new technologies;
- Undertake site visits to sites pre- and under construction. Lead analyses and sharing of key lessons learned;
- More than 10 years’ hands-on experience in renewable power sector in Italy, specifically in the engineering and delivery of solar photovoltaics projects. Wind and battery storage experience is a plus;
- Broad and in-depth technical knowledge of solar PV power plant design and engineering, especially electrical/power engineering aspects. Equivalent wind/storage engineering knowledge is a plus;
- Familiarity of local permitting and grid connection requirements in Italy, familiarity with agri-PV is a plus;
- Experience in solar EPC and O&M negotiations, as well as in construction of solar projects;
- Experience in conducting onsite and document quality audits during various phases of the project;
- Experience in verifying mechanical completion, cold and hot commissioning phase of solar projects. Wind and battery storage experience is a plus;
- Experience in managing technical consultants, owner’s engineers and independent engineers in the solar industry;
- Good understanding of project economics, value chain and project development.
- Strong network within the Italian solar market including EPC’s, OE’s, technical advisors, and international manufacturers of modules, inverters and mounting structures in order to understand the commercial implications to projects (e.g., price, yield);
Education and Required Skills/Competencies:
- University degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent;
- Commercial acumen, to help increase project returns and reduce engineering-related costs;
- Willingness to travel at least 35% of the time and being able work efficiently and productively in remote locations;
- Flexible and open to discuss alternatives and evaluate projects under local country conditions;
- Culturally sensitive and ability to build strong relationships with Shell, partners and stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills, being able to present their idea within technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to work as a team and adhere to the Shell internal process of working to deliver projects;
- Practical. Focus on solving problems and not just asking more questions;
- Fluent in English and Italian. Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus, especially Spanish, German, and/or French.
Location: Italy – Homebased
The job listing is open to candidates of all genders (L. 903/77) – Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03