A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE.
Job opportunities details.
Business Development Associate - Wind
Greentalent, recruiter specialized in search and selection of professionals and managers in the Energy, Engineering and Environment market, on behalf of a company operating in the renewable energy sector, is looking for a:
Business Development Project Manager - Wind
As a member of the Italian based team, this role will focus on supporting the business development director in leading and managing project development of wind projects in Italy.
The ideal candidate should have project development and commercial skills, demonstrated by years of experience successfully developing renewable energy generation projects, delivered on time and budget, strong industry relationships with all the stakeholders involved (developers, authorities, consultants) and high knowledge of Italian planning project for wind projects.
The key responsibilities of this role include: supporting project development decisions, budgeting and monitoring of several activities including site identification, agreements with landlords, Enel/Terna grid process, authorizations permits till the project reach the ready to build status.
This role will require a pro-active approach towards problem-solving, hard-work and commitment to execute viable opportunities and an open-minded collaborative approach to become an integral part of the team.
- Monitoring that all activities and project deliverables are carried out in accordance with all relevant legislation;
- Adequately planning, organising, monitoring, and reporting on all phases of a project’s life cycle;
- Managing and reporting on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments;
- Developing and managing project budgeting and project cost analysis, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure;
- Preparing presentation to senior management for investment approval;
- Provide the relevant input to commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all these negotiations;
- Coordination and management of technical and environmental studies and planning documents;
- Creating, monitoring and support business development director for ensuring compliance with project development budget and timetable;
- Managing internal departments (legal, financial and technical), third party consultants and advisers to deliver project planning application that are capable of succeeding;
- Leading the due diligence of new sites (greenfield) from a project development perspective. Reviewing grid connection agreements, land leases, planning approvals (including any restrictions or conditions to be discharged) as well as existing project contracts identifying risks and proposing the relevant mitigation strategies;
- Working closely with the wider team to optimize greenfield strategies (and costs) for projects;
- Collaborate with other members of the Milan based and wider European team to evaluate investment opportunities as part of cross functional teams including colleagues in other areas;
- Clearly and concisely articulate key issues in oral discussions and written communications with senior management and successfully influence the outcome of a transaction across multiple decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Comply with the company’s code of ethics and employee handbook, all relevant and applicable industry regulations and always behaves in an ethical and exemplary manner, acting as a role model for others, especially junior members of the team;
- Participates in team building activities, helps to build company’s brand in Italy and Europe, promotes the company’s values and engages in community related activities that allow us to give to society back what we have received.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Economics or Engineering discipline
- At least 1-2 years proven experience in developing greenfield renewable projects (mainly wind)
- Outstanding understanding of the Italian regulatory framework for utility scale renewable power generation projects
- Understanding of relevant planning regulations and experience dealing with local planning authorities
- Experience managing consultants and project delivery within time and budget targets
- Clear project management skills demonstrated by a successful track record of project delivery
- Good network of relationships including developers, consultants, and other advisers
- Leadership skills (resilience, patience and empathy) to work alongside external partners and advisers
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Proven ability to work under pressure, delivering results with tight deadlines and capable of multi-tasking
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient knowledge of Italian and English language
- Ability to live and work in Italy.
The job listing is open to candidates of all genders (L. 903/77) – Aegis Srl, AUT. MIN. Prot. 26543 D. Lgs 276/03